Autotrac Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into a 2013 Yukon and was curious about the Autotrac and how it functions. In addition, is there a 4 low option with it? TIA.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have a switch between Auto or 2wd or 4wd? It sounds to be similar to how the Denali and Escalade work if it isn't switchable. I love the AWD in my Denali. It is totally seamless.

Joe

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I'm guessing the AWD Denalis never had a true 4 wheel low option. It's not a deal breaker but would've been nice

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. No 4wd low option on the Denali's or Escalades.

BTW, which area are you from?

Joe

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autotrac is the selectable transfer case with an auto option. It has 2wd, Auto, 4hi and 4low.

Autotrac starts about 40 sec into this vid. What the video doesn't say is that when in Auto, the front axle stays locked in so you will usually experience a bit more noise and vibration.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autotrac is the selectable transfer case with an auto option. It has 2wd, Auto, 4hi and 4low.

Autotrac starts about 40 sec into this vid. What the video doesn't say is that when in Auto, the front axle stays locked in so you will usually experience a bit more noise and vibration.

Hmmm, not sure that Autotrac will go into 4 lo. Great video anyway, thanks

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there is one sitting in my driveway, I can tell you for a fact, yes it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10