Auto High Beam Lights on during DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWR7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2017 Tahoe a few weeks ago and I just recently started noticed that the auto high beam lights stay on when he daytime running lights are on if I start my car in the garage. If I start it outside during the day it does not turn on unless I drive through a tunnel or under a bridge and my headlights come on. It looks like when the head lights are activated during the daytime and then switch to the daytime running lights it leaves the auto high beam feature on. Is this normal?

sam123

Reaction score
While you're driving, does the screen and dashboard stay dimly lit? Also,even if they stay on I wouldn't worry too much as high beams wouldn't turn on until its dark - it's too bright during the daytime for the system to deem it necessary for the high's on

OP
OP
B

BWR7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No the dashboard will bright back up and the parking light status go away but the auto high beam stays on. I'm just checking to see if that's normal, because I have been looking and researching how to make the DRL use the LEDs instead of the headlights. So I just wanted to make sure that I didn't mess something up while I was messing with the wiring harnesses and fuses trying to learn how it's wired up. I love the Tahoe but I wasn't happy when I realized that the LT used the headlights as the DRL instead of the LEDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezze77