Auto dimming side view mirror issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobby Hill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has located replacement glass? I just purchased an 01 Tahoe LT and it has this auto dimming feature and as you age your eyes start going south ! So I don't need additional double vision when I look in the side mirror. I know I can replace the entire mirror assembly with some import junk that has the heat option but I kind of like the auto dimming feature. Thanks. I searched but the threads were old and didn't provide any real info. If there is no true replacement which aftermarket mirrors are the best? Just so I have the heat. Where I live we have wicked winters.

JakeO625

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Subscribed I also have a double vision driver side mirror

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ebay is probably your best bet for a used oem glass, the aftermarkets are around but most are complete garbage (if dorman has one with autodim go with that if the cost is fair to you), second best option is go to any local glass repair shop and have them order you one but there usually more than a good used oem one.

OP
OP
B

Bobby Hill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Subscribed I also have a double vision driver side mirror
Only for big trucks. I just moved up to the mountains of western MD and I miss my pick a part yards in southern MD.

The only thing I have seen on e-bay is the aftermarket mirrors but I will have to search OEM glass.

Dorman didn't have it when I checked their site but they did have the regular power heated mirror assemblies. Do you think they are any good?

Thanks for the replies. I thought I was just a newbie outcast for awhile there!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I thought I was just a newbie outcast for awhile there![/QUOTE]

Sometimes new posts get lost in the mix, ive used www.uneedapart.com with good results.... it searches junkyards all over and gives you options on price, part ratings etc. welcome to tyf btw

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only for big trucks. I just moved up to the mountains of western MD and I miss my pick a part yards in southern MD.

The only thing I have seen on e-bay is the aftermarket mirrors but I will have to search OEM glass.

Dorman didn't have it when I checked their site but they did have the regular power heated mirror assemblies. Do you think they are any good?

Thanks for the replies. I thought I was just a newbie outcast for awhile there!
all the dorman parts are in general just as good as oem I haven't seen anything bad come from them.

OP
OP
B

Bobby Hill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would really like to find a set of correct towing mirrors. You know the ones that don't have the upward tilt to them. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157