Armor All

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this stuff really that bad? I have used it several times, I don't detail regularly but like my ride fairly clean. I haven't had any issues. are all their products bad? Glass and leather wipes too? I just got a three pack at walmart for cheap. Is it that bad i should throw it out and not use it?

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always heard that their formula would dehydrate the plastic/vinyl of its oils. It brings the oils to the surface and gives you that shine, but at the expense of your trim/interior. Unless they have changed their formula I would stay away from it. I use Meguiar's, and it's been pretty good to me. My brother use to have an old '93 Sierra and the dash cracked like heck way too prematurely. Other interior pieces would crack slightly as well. I personally don't use it. I have only heard this about the plastic/vinyl, so proceed with caution.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like Carmex for plastic.

B

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like Carmex for plastic.

B

lol, is that good or bad? Never used the stuff. If its like chap stick that shit is addicting and you always need it or your lips crack. Is that what your talking about?

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I would NEVER use any Armor All on anything I own. I grew up working at detail shops in high school and on breaks from college and I have seen what it can do. Armor All can pull the moisture out of whatever it touches over time. It can turn tires brown and discolor or even crack the dash. Armor All is made for people who might clean their car once a year. Buy the good shit, Maguire's is pretty good for the price. I like using Lexal on my interior. If you really want the best, buy Griots Garage.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it is from walmart lol. Most of the stuff you buy there is usually sub par, not all but most. Might have to go through my detail box and get rid of some stuff

ndavis0001

Davis Motorsports
Reaction score
yes, armor all is poop! look for a water based dressing, not solvent or silicon based.
if you dont want a high gloss shine, you can use the same leather conditioner on all your dash, door panels, etc... it will actually replenish and saturate back into the pieces that the armor all has sucked dry...

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From when I had my x5 and spent my time over in bimmer forums, I came across this stuff:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/plasticvinylcare.aspx
Specifically the einszett sprays. Made the x5 looks pretty great on the inside, doesn't leave that shiny mess that Armor All does. I used it on the Yukon last weekend and it works great there too. Again, it's not there to make it shine, it is there to keep it clean and maintained.
I'm not sure what the code is anymore, but there is a code from maybe x5world or something that gets you 10% off anything from that site.

alvilino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont want a high gloss shine, you can use the same leather conditioner on all your dash, door panels, etc... it will actually replenish and saturate back into the pieces that the armor all has sucked dry...

Man i didnt know that about resaturation. You learn something everyday. But yeah i would use armor everytime i detailed my car and my dash has a real nasty crack. Stay away from it.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1
my very 1st car when i was 16 was a toyota celica. i LOVEd that car and pampered it, would wash it daily and armor all the dash everytime i got in it almost not knowing any better. my dash ended up with SEVERAL cracks running all through it by the time i sold it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny