Anyone want to lend me their torsion keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I know its a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone felt comfortable lending me their keys? I want my front end to become level with the rear end badly.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crank the strock keys up a bit. cranking the stockers is the same as buying new ones and cranking them. Crank them up and you should sit level. Shouldn't take but a few minutes.

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
crank the strock keys up a bit. cranking the stockers is the same as buying new ones and cranking them. Crank them up and you should sit level. Shouldn't take but a few minutes.

But I need KEYS Captain, we just can't pull it off with this equipment. (In the voice of the dude from Star Trek)

:laughing1:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have not cranked the stock keys, why do you need aftermarket keys? Even if the torsion bars are shot cranking teh stock keys will raise the front of the truck. I'm not trying to come off like a smart ass. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I'm not trying to come off like a smart ass. Am I missing something?

Yes your missing something, obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about and I have zero experience with lifts, lol.

I thought keys were keys, I didn't know that the keys were different between aftermarket and stock. (Opps)

Don't mind me, I'm retarded, carry on . . .

:emotions122:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's start over. I was in the same boat as you...learn from our mistakes:

Cranking the bolts on your stock keys will most likely net enough lift to level the truck and it really could not be simpler.

1)measure rear and front fender heights
2) jack the front of the truck up until the wheels are off the ground
3) with either an 18 or 19mm socket start tightening up the bolts
4) make 4 turns to start
5) sit the truck back down on the ground and check the fender height again.
6) repeat until the desired lift is achieved. A little settling may happen so drive around the block and check heights one last time.

If ther truck is level on all four corner or at least where you want it you're good.

I hightly advise against more than 2". That and get an alignment after you get done

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha, do you know where the keys are located on your truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae

Latest posts