Anyone used sem color coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has used this just wondering if it's a good product to change seat color

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I used it on the plastic panel over my jack... has held up good but make sure you CLEAN before you spray. on my old truck I used the dye that they sell in LMC, that stuff held up perfect for the 6 years I had the truck.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sem is good stuff. It's all about the prep. Scuff real good. Clean with alcohol and spray light even coats.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Great stuff. As noted above, prep is key. I used it on a center console years ago when I converted my Sierra to a Denali console. Held up without fading for 4 years.

OP
OP
blue99tahoe24

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
Aw ok thanks for the insight I was looking at sem classic coat it's made for leather but I might just dye the leather

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

I used it on the plastic panel over my jack... has held up good but make sure you CLEAN before you spray. on my old truck I used the dye that they sell in LMC, that stuff held up perfect for the 6 years I had the truck.

Would this be the dye you used

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

a5eqypuh.jpg

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
yes that is the stuff I used on the old truck it seemed to work just like they claim. sold the truck 6 years later and still looked new. now I am a CLEAN freak so I don't know how well it would do if you don't take care of it, but worked well for me.

the sem stuff I have on the new truck and so far so good

OP
OP
blue99tahoe24

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
I'm a clean freak also ima try it out how many cans did u use I gotta do two front seats might do a two tone design

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy