Anyone Running this Duraflex SS Bumper Cover off of Amazon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Lots have, never heard of any problems. Duraflex is a good brand.
Cheapest I've seen is maybe $300 but that's it. Other than that might check ebay or craigslist for a used one.
Your location doesn't matter for fitment

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is the exact bumper I bought the first go around. It was not the material I expected it to be. It seemed to be 100% fiberglass which was not what I was expecting. Fitment was horrible, had to cut it apart and re-glass it back together just to get it on. A month after installing it a small raccoon ran out on the road and bumped the bottom of it, shattering almost the entire bottom half of the bumper. I replaced it with the street scene bumper which is a far superior material, and much better fitment. I know it's more expensive, but personally I wish I had just purchased it the first time.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is the exact bumper I bought the first go around. It was not the material I expected it to be. It seemed to be 100% fiberglass which was not what I was expecting. Fitment was horrible, had to cut it apart and re-glass it back together just to get it on. A month after installing it a small raccoon ran out on the road and bumped the bottom of it, shattering almost the entire bottom half of the bumper. I replaced it with the street scene bumper which is a far superior material, and much better fitment. I know it's more expensive, but personally I wish I had just purchased it the first time.

x2 put a "duraflex" kit on a s10 once for a guy and said NEVER AGIAN. think it lasted him 3 months before it shattered on a curb. just buy the street scene

Doubleclutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I bought a Street Scene bumper cover for my 2002 Tahoe and despite the description, it does not fit a Tahoe.
Which Street Scene bumper cover did you use that fits? I'm looking at the one mentioned in the first post of this thread, but I noticed you guys weren't impressed with the fiberglass.

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene...vrolet:tahoe&keywords=2002+Tahoe+bumper+front

Again, the description says it will fit the car but its not even close. It's too long on the edges and doesn't curl up toward the fender along the line of the bumper. It's almost touching the tire just to get it to come flush with the grille. I know its not a car issue, because I've owned this Tahoe for 15 years. The guy painted the one I bought before fitting it, so I'm stuck selling it locally.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I bought a Street Scene bumper cover for my 2002 Tahoe and despite the description, it does not fit a Tahoe.
Which Street Scene bumper cover did you use that fits? I'm looking at the one mentioned in the first post of this thread, but I noticed you guys weren't impressed with the fiberglass.

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-950-70144-Generation-Valance/dp/B001546NME/ref=sr_1_82?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1490929796&vehicle=2002-47-499-430--9-6----4-2-145-104-2-0&sr=1-82&ymm=2002:chevrolet:tahoe&keywords=2002+Tahoe+bumper+front

Again, the description says it will fit the car but its not even close. It's too long on the edges and doesn't curl up toward the fender along the line of the bumper. It's almost touching the tire just to get it to come flush with the grille. I know its not a car issue, because I've owned this Tahoe for 15 years. The guy painted the one I bought before fitting it, so I'm stuck selling it locally.
That one looks like its for an 03-07 Silverado, its even got one in the second picture. I think it'd be best to report it to Amazon as incorrectly labeled, since it says it'll fit Tahoes but definitely won't.

Doubleclutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're exactly right. I typically do my own work, but I'm running kind of hard these days so I took it to a guy and he painted it before he tried fitting it, so I'm not sure that it's still eligible for return (although it looks awesome). I'm just looking for the correct cover so as to get that SS look with the front end.

I did contact the seller and let them know what was up and that it stated it would fit and wouldn't, and I would wait for their response before I publicly flamed them. The concern I have is if they made me pay shipping I'd be better off selling it to a truck guy locally.

Which bumper cover fits???

Doubleclutch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like the Street Scene Generation 6 is the proper bumper cover... If anyone can validate that would be great. Thanks, rp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645