Anyone installed an aftermarket overhead DVD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAMA_LTZ_HOE

Reaction score
I got my wife a 2007 LTZ a couple of weeks ago. It has everyting but the rear seat entertainment package. I want to add an overhead DVD and wondered if anyone else on here has done it. I have put one in my Tacoma Double Cab, so I'm not scared of the install. I just wondered if someone had some pictures or how much of the hump you cut out of the headliner to mount it.

vietcu

Reaction score
I thought about doing an overhead setup for my Yukon, but I had a sunroof and the headliner had that big hump where I wanted to do the overhead. So instead of messing with that I went ahead and put in 2 headrest monitors instead and have to admit I am really glad I went this route instead of the overhead route. Bought 2 9" monitors from Onfair, and the color was spot on. You should really look into going this route as it would be cleaner install IMO.

OP
OP
BAMA_LTZ_HOE

BAMA_LTZ_HOE

Reaction score
I've got the sunroof and the hump too. From what I have found you can cut out the hump but you have to make sure you get a monitor big enough to cover what you cut out. I would really like to do the headrest monitors but I'm trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
headrest dvds are SOOOOOOO much better than the overhead....i have all of them in an LTZ and escalade and the the overhead doesnt even come down anymore.

its a terrible viewing angle (bucket seats) and blocks the rear view mirror.

saruoz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought about doing an overhead setup for my Yukon, but I had a sunroof and the headliner had that big hump where I wanted to do the overhead. So instead of messing with that I went ahead and put in 2 headrest monitors instead and have to admit I am really glad I went this route instead of the overhead route. Bought 2 9" monitors from Onfair, and the color was spot on. You should really look into going this route as it would be cleaner install IMO.

vietcu...are you happy with the onfair monitors? how are the shape of the headrests compared to the originals? these are really cheap compared to some of the vizualogic and audiovox stuff ive seen> just curious as to the price diffrence>

thanks

dsump

Reaction score
vietcu...are you happy with the onfair monitors? how are the shape of the headrests compared to the originals? these are really cheap compared to some of the vizualogic and audiovox stuff ive seen> just curious as to the price diffrence>

thanks

I'm interested as well. At this price I will buy four of them.

webf2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
10.5" overhead here. Looks fine. You can use the rear controls if you have an FM modulator. No need with wireless headphones.

OP
OP
BAMA_LTZ_HOE

BAMA_LTZ_HOE

Reaction score
I ordered a Tview 9" overhead. I'll post pictures when I get it installed. I understand it might not be as good a viewing angle as the headrest monitors, but it was only $164, and my 2 year old won't care.

vietcu

Reaction score

thanks

Have not had to use it that much yet but I have to give it an 8/10 score so far. If it ever breaks down I would definitely get it again, hope that helps. Check out my response to someone else asking for questions on it on another post.

rjpeaks

Reaction score
i have one we installed new in 03 - Yukon XL, w/ Sunroof. Back then it was pretty expensive.

IMG_9513.jpg
IMG_1427.jpg

10.1" screen

we have the OEM setup in our new Yukon XL, w/ sunroof. wierd setup w/ dvd slo in the front of the navi unit, which is unlocked. The overhead LCD is a little small compared to the previous. There are two units in the 2nd row headrests. I'll take some shots later...

Not sure what i think is better - I might have to ask my kids!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBay Mobey

Latest posts