Anyone have experience with Endurance? Failed Lifter coverage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is another come on crap idea. Buying an extended warranty on top of a bumper to bumper? WHY! Buying used and has conditional warranty from the lot? Ok, if you have to have that extended warranty, get it then but again, buy from the manufacturer.
I didnt mean running them concurrent. You would have to add it in the last month of the original warranty. From my understanding the extended coverage would begin at the end of original coverage if done earlier. I'd like to get a GM warranty but my trucks been out of original coverage so I never looked into it but will now.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I didnt mean running them concurrent. You would have to add it in the last month of the original warranty. From my understanding the extended coverage would begin at the end of original coverage if done earlier. I'd like to get a GM warranty but my trucks been out of original coverage so I never looked into it but will now.
They try to get you to buy the extended warranty and start it at the same time as the bumper to bumper. They even tell you the extended warranty is less money if you do. The warranties are "stealing" and the sellers of them are "liars". I have never ever had one and always had my fund for maintenance and repairs and came out money ahead. Yes, I am a retired tech, and that helps, but if you do it right, the recommended fund is the way to go, again IMO. Imagine being out on vacation and having a breakdown and being told you have to wait for a warranty inspector to come see the problem before any repairs can move forward. It has always been normal for the owner to be responsible for diagnostics and any teardown to do that and if a covered warranty item, then the diagnostics is covered.

I hated the warranty companies so much that I played with the wording and the descriptions of problems to get as much coverage as I could, for my customer.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They try to get you to buy the extended warranty and start it at the same time as the bumper to bumper. They even tell you the extended warranty is less money if you do. The warranties are "stealing" and the sellers of them are "liars". I have never ever had one and always had my fund for maintenance and repairs and came out money ahead. Yes, I am a retired tech, and that helps, but if you do it right, the recommended fund is the way to go, again IMO. Imagine being out on vacation and having a breakdown and being told you have to wait for a warranty inspector to come see the problem before any repairs can move forward. It has always been normal for the owner to be responsible for diagnostics and any teardown to do that and if a covered warranty item, then the diagnostics is covered.

I hated the warranty companies so much that I played with the wording and the descriptions of problems to get as much coverage as I could, for my customer.
I've never had one either but I also never had a vehicle with as many sensors and computers so I'll check out what GM has to offer and figure it out from there. ETA I will be speaking with shop I intend to use as well to see what their experience is in dealing with them. I was able to do a lot of work on my 99, that still runs lol, with my limited skills.

Last edited:

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the end they covered the replacement of the lifters and camshaft.
Took a lot of persistence, but they reversed the denial.
So, you not only had to pay for this coverage, you also had to 'persist' PAST their denial to get them to reverse said denial.
In other words, they were counting on you to pay for what you signed for, then be all
'na, this money is ours not yours cuz we said so' but then you were all
'no it isn't, live up to the contract and cover the schidt you said you'd cover'
'na, we made up the rules, so we get to make up how we interpret the rules we made up'
I wonder, how much more persistence was required of you.
I would not be surprised if that much or more persistence was required of most of their 'clients'.

Glad you had the ENDURANCE to get what's yours.

Bagherra

Reaction score
My extended warranty company told me the same ******** when my #4 lifter failed...
Had to prove that i had oil changes done at shop every 3000 miles.... My repair cost me just over $5600..
Lesson learned...screw those extended warranty's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019