Anyone had battery issues after 2 years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got cold(in the 30’s & 40’s and the Denali is giving us issues with the battery going down to where it still has charge enough to turnover, but not enough to start the 6.2. Anyone else have issues with OEM battery so soon?

What type of battery is it? Conventional or AGM?? It’s at 85%, but would like to charge with my Schumacher.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So soon? That's 3-4 years old depending on when it was made. Take a picture of the top and we can date the battery and see what kind it is.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only lasted 3 years. That’s right, three year old 65k vehicle that wouldn’t start on a pleasant summer morning the day we were leaving for vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had to replace the factory battery in my 15 Tahoe. Failed to start on a cold morning with no prior warning that it was getting weak. Extra pita because I was going out of town on a trip... :banghead:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
batteries typically last me 3-5 years but I beat on them with a good sized aftermarket car audio amp all the time that just wears them out, change in the weather will usually end quite a few out there as well

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine only lasted 3 years. That’s right, three year old 65k vehicle that wouldn’t start on a pleasant summer morning the day we were leaving for vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got more then 3-4 years out of a battery in Miami. The constant jungle heat kills it here. In NYC I got 4 or more years. Had my battery checked in my 16 Hoe [50K miles] a couple of months ago and so far no issues.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks All,
I can't trust that piece of crap battery......working fine today, but I'm carrying around the jump starter just in case.....it seemed
to be holding a charge now.....damn thing can't make up it's mind.....

What a PIA it's going to be to change the damn thing!!! GM made it so damn inconvenient putting the battery back in the corner, then
surrounded it with a bunch of support braces, and that stupid power distribution block right on top......it'll take an hour just to change a battery....... from what I've seen in the new trucks, they placed it in a much better spot up in the front corner without alot of crap in the way.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667