Anyone detail for a living??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they dont all have brushes some are touch less which dont cause swirls. the ones with brushes are almost guaranteed to cause them though.

There's no good feeling like taking your big dirty ass waxed hoe through a toucheless car wash, and coming out clean as a whistle! I put alotta time into keeping wax on my paint, pays when you have a monster to keep clean ;-)

BOSSMAN

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no good feeling like taking your big dirty ass waxed hoe through a toucheless car wash, and coming out clean as a whistle! I put alotta time into keeping wax on my paint, pays when you have a monster to keep clean ;-)

BOSSMAN

actually, in most touchless car washes, the detergent is sooooo strong, it strips the wax off of you vehicle.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some tunnel washed use soft cloths just like you would use if doing it by hand...

What about all the crapped traped in the cloths from other vehicles? Or how fast are those soft cloths spinning/moving? I generally subscribe to the notion that automatic car wash=swirls, but I would be happy to be proven wrong :hands:

wkdmh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used to have my own detailing shop in addition to my full time job. Decided to close it down when the wife got pregnant 4 years ago so that I could be home during the day with the baby, and work nights.
Much happier these days as a result.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i have never detailed.... i need to get a fresh coat of wax (and basicly full detail) on my truck but i am a little scared to tackle the project myself. I have a random orbital.. but scared to use it

i NEVER EVER take my truck to a paid car wash... it never comes out clean to my standards. I just washed my truck this morning, took me 2 hours, and thats just for the wash, thats the kind of detail i give my beast... so paying people who dont know what the hell tey are doing is out of the question

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
there are plenty of quality car washes, but at the end of the day... im going to give my truck more attention because its MY truck

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
there are plenty of quality car washes, but at the end of the day... im going to give my truck more attention because its MY truck

yeah, there are a lot of bad car washes out there. We accept nothing less than Perfect from any of the employees at our wash.