Anybody upgrade stock 2013 Tahoe brakes to 2500 Suburban brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I coneider just adding stainless lines, just curious if the extra pad/rotor surface area of the 2500 brakes is worth spending the additional money on.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i was to upgrade brakes i would go with the ppv ones not sure about the suburban, i own a ppv my freind owns an lt and my truck breaks a lot better not sure what is diffrent exactly all i know is that my truck brakes better...

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into the difference with the PPV brakes.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Well, rotors from a 2500 will not work because they are 8 lug. I cant comment on the caliper. Ive also not noticed a difference in the caliper on a PPV but I could be wrong.

Stainless lines make a big difference. There's big brake options out there too if you're willing to spend some coin ~ Wilwood, baer, SSBC etc. I, and several others here have had the 16" Wilwood kits and they're, quite frankly, ******* amazing.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference are the seals in the calipers to be able to take more heat. Other than that they are the same.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I upgraded my brakes, I went with braided lines, more aggresive pads, DOT5 fluid (Motul 660) and slotted rotors. That combination gave great bite, no squeal, and amazing pedal feel with the braided lines. All for less than $900. That was on my 08 Denali. It litterally made the heavy suv feel like it could brake as well as my old 2004 VW R32 which had a 6 piston StopTech big brake kit with braided lines as well.

I hope that helps!

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo