Anybody rebuilds gauge clusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ScottyBoy .. how much do you charge for the gauge rebuild?

I charge $75 to replace all the stepper motors ($85 if you have a transmission temperature gauge) and I charge $60 to install LEDs. I charge $130 if you are getting the stepper motors replaced and LEDs installed at the same time. Also, if you send me a new gauge face and/or new needles, I will install them at no extra cost since I have to remove those anyway to get at the stepper motors. Here's a picture of a 05 Duramax cluster that I just did. He sent me a Escalade lense bezel and chrome needles, along with an Escalade style gauge face specifically made for a diesel.

IMG_20171128_224710643.jpg

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I’ve used Digital Dash Solutions on eBay multiple times over the years with different trucks and have never had a complaint. Great work, fast turn around and they have the tools to reprogram and update clusters as well. But they are probably the most expensive and I also believe in supporting board members’ businesses too and I’ve heard nothing but good things about @ScottyBoy as well

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ScottyBoy, do you know/have what it takes to "turn on" a trans temp gauge?

I honestly have no idea about the transmission temperature gauge. I've seen mixed information about this all over the net. Some people on another forum claimed that it's plug and play on a 2003, and on some 2004's. But all 05-06 clusters will need the cluster software reflashed if adding a transmission temperature gauge. This is something that I don't have the ability to do, Digital Dash Solutions is the best place to send it to if you want the software reflashed.

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea about the transmission temperature gauge. I've seen mixed information about this all over the net. Some people on another forum claimed that it's plug and play on a 2003, and on some 2004's. But all 05-06 clusters will need the cluster software reflashed if adding a transmission temperature gauge. This is something that I don't have the ability to do, Digital Dash Solutions is the best place to send it to if you want the software reflashed.

He is absolutely right as it’***** or miss from what I’ve seen/heard/read regarding 03/04 and not plug n play on 05/06. If you want to upgrade to trans temp and can be down the vehicle for several days I’d say send your cluster into DDS. They offer prebuilt clusters with a trade in credit when you send your core back to them, but this route is more expensive than just having them fix and upgrade your existing cluster.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

This is in line with all my research, as well. Do you know what they use to do it? I had a local guy tell me he could do it with his "factory scan tool", but I'm not sure I believe him...

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is in line with all my research, as well. Do you know what they use to do it? I had a local guy tell me he could do it with his "factory scan tool", but I'm not sure I believe him...

No idea what they use. I doubt that it can even be done with a Tech II because dealerships won't do it. The ONLY places that I have ever seen or heard of being able to reflash cluster software is a specialized speedometer repair shop like DDS.
Unless this "local guy" has the ability to reflash different computers and modules all over the vehicle, I'd say he is blowing smoke up your ass.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently had my steering wheel buttons redone with led back light. The gauge pros is what they’re called called. Used their eBay store. They are in seiverville Tennessee. They were pretty fast. Cost me like 4 bucks to send my buttons to them via usps priority. They got my buttons on a Monday, fixed them and shipped them back out on the same Monday. Costed $45 for their service and it’s great. So far so good!
The Gauge Pro did all my interior lights and did a great job. They also rebuilt a dash for a friends caddy, fast good reasonable work. Terry is his name and his cell is 228-238-9422.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question and I feel like i know the answer to this. Can I use the 2003 Escalade lens on a 2001 tahoe cluster? I know that is it slightly different, but I like how the 2003 look over the 2001 escalde lens.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Quick question and I feel like i know the answer to this. Can I use the 2003 Escalade lens on a 2001 tahoe cluster? I know that is it slightly different, but I like how the 2003 look over the 2001 escalde lens.

Nope. But you may be able to swap the whole cluster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879