Anybody rebuilds gauge clusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
im looking to see if anyone can refer me to someone that rebuilds gauge clusters. I have a 2006 Yukon and a couple lights are out and the oil pressure gauge is pegged wide open. Was looking to do a complete rebuild and possibly convert it to leds

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speedometer Service, Google them to find in your zip. Most every metropolitan city has one, since that is where Dealerships send their items including radios/speedometers/gauge panels/clocks etc. Good luck.
David g..........:)

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
im looking to see if anyone can refer me to someone that rebuilds gauge clusters. I have a 2006 Yukon and a couple lights are out and the oil pressure gauge is pegged wide open. Was looking to do a complete rebuild and possibly convert it to leds

Digital dash solutions

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my steering wheel buttons redone with led back light. The gauge pros is what they’re called called. Used their eBay store. They are in seiverville Tennessee. They were pretty fast. Cost me like 4 bucks to send my buttons to them via usps priority. They got my buttons on a Monday, fixed them and shipped them back out on the same Monday. Costed $45 for their service and it’s great. So far so good!

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Yukon and a couple lights are out and the oil pressure gauge is pegged wide open.

More than likely the pegged oil gauge is a bad oil pressure sensor. It's a cheap part and can be swapped out with basic tools and a lot of patience. It's located on the back of the block right up against the firewall.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't do "complete" rebuilds, but I can replace the stepper motors and replace all the backlights with LEDs. 90% of the time, that's all that goes wrong with them. As far as the oil gauge pegged out, that one is tricky. Is it the stepper or the sensor? I've replaced steppers before and the oil gauge was still pegged out. Try cycling the ignition switch. Does the needle go back to zero? Or does it move at all? If the needle only points straight up, or is pegged all the way to to right, then it may be bad. If it actually moves the full gauge sweep, then it might be a bad sensor. Also, if you have access to a good scan tool, you should be able to view the oil pressure on the scan tool.

OP
OP
Brad poiencot

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
I will check the ignition cycle today when I get off of work. I changed out the sencor on my Tahoe so I know it’s not bad. I’ll change the senor too, but I wanna get the gauges rebuilt also. How much do you charge scottyboy? And do you do the leds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic