Another tow hook ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickp713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've already taken the 2 bolts out of each tow hook. I can't seem to get them the hell out of there. They don't slide out forward bc they hit the bumper. I've tried turning them every which way and now I have them wedged in there backwards. Do I have to take the bumper off? I'm close to tying a chain to them and to a tree and ripping them out...and then replace the bumper lol seems it may be easier. Please help

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should only be 2 bolts

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nickp713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know its two bolts on each hook. I already took those out. I just can't pull the hooks out though the bumper or something is in front of the frame slot that the hooks slide in to.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine were the same way. I couldn't slide the bolts out without a little minor cutting. What type,year, model of vehicle are you working on??

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trim or drop the valance. I took mine off and it will not be going back on. Should be some twist pins that hold it in place. Just get a buddy to help you as it is so long and disconnect the fogs should take about 5 minutes to get off and 5 to put back on. Super simple.

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is gained by taking these off? Looks?
(not being a smartass, just curious, I have just never heard of people removing them)

OP
OP
N

nickp713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. You dont acheive anything except a pain in the ass if you put it in the ditch. I'm putting a lower billet grille there and I didn't want to get the one with the hook cutouts...so the hooks have to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziphren

Latest posts