Another Injector Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the other day I go and start my Denali and then the whole dash goes wonky with all kinds of error messages, "forward collision off, axle off, traction control off, etc. What the hell as I had just drove the vehicle a few minutes earlier, and then I remember potential issues. The vehicle is at about 9200 miles and is a 2023 Yukon Ultimate. I remember issues with the battery can cause problems so I check the battery and it's only at 12.25V. So I decided to put my battery tender on it and it took over 12 hours to get to 13.08V, decide to start it up and all error messages are gone except "check engine light" which I new would be the there. So I drove it to the dealer and it ran fine but apparently Fuel Injector #1 is bad but I never did notice any miss in the engine at idle. A couple of days later picked it up and everything seems fine after replacement injector installed, it seems the continuous misfire of the injector can cause a parasitic draw on the battery which is what I was seeing, so I guess this is still and issue with bad fuel injectors on the 6.2L

OP
OP
zbad55

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, so would I, maybe not a parasitic draw but it did draw down the battery, I'll check into more on Monday with some GM powertrain engineers.