Another Color Matched Nali Grille =)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XYLENE!!!!!!! I had a few chips on the chrome....so i rubbed xylene on it with a rag soaked in it. Then used a window scraper to scrape it the rest of it off. Amazing how easy it comes off. Its only a baked on chrome. The xylene makes it malleable. :hands:

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its time to clay and buff the paint..... Looks good though. Leave the insert whrome for now, it matches the chrome on the rims.

Tell me more about this clay bar thing you speak of

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I would use that then a good wax? Was looking up some clay bar kits and saw Mother's and Meguiars. Any bias opinions on either?

Last edited:

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the Xylene will not make the plastic soft. Only the baked on fake chrome, only makes it malleable, not completely soft. I sanded down the plastic afterwards anyways, its amazing how much pitting was beneath the fake chrome.

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily my chrome was in pretty much perfect condition or I woulda had to do the same. But that being said I was so nervous painting a perfectly good bumper lol.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman