Another Color Matched Nali Grille =)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
So I have a problem, I put it back on and since my body paint is 10yrs old and the shell paint is new, it stands out from the rest of the body, I'll post some pics when it's sunny 2morrow but I was curious if I should try to dull it some or just leave it. Ugggggggggh.........My wife didn't notice the difference but I can tell big time. :emotions122:

looks good, Dont feel bad about the Wife, mine still cant tell that i lowered it lol

tucsonlocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i rattle canned mine and it is not nearly shiny enough, it almost came out like a matte.. how did you get it so shiny? it just isnt glossy.. you can tell what i am talking about on the GMC emblem..

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 17
  • emblem.jpg
    emblem.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use meguiars clay bar kit and some meguiars wax

Lol Exactly what I used, the wax I used was Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Took a solid few hours to get done.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

i rattle canned mine and it is not nearly shiny enough, it almost came out like a matte.. how did you get it so shiny? it just isnt glossy.. you can tell what i am talking about on the GMC emblem..

Could be the paint I used. It was the gloss University black that Duplicolor actually states is an exact match for the GM black well for my truck anyway. That and a ton of clear coat, then I polished and waxed it.

Check your paint codes here:

http://www.duplicolor.com/appGuide/applicationGuide.pdf

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

looks good, Dont feel bad about the Wife, mine still cant tell that i lowered it lol

Ya lol. I like those black wheels are those your winter set? I actually thought about getting some for a full time set hmmmmm.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Thanks NorCal Nali. l2yan said he buffed it too. Wondering what's a good compound to use.

I stick to Meguiar's they have a few different compounds, I would go with one of the least aggressive ones like Swirlx and do a little test spot. I do my stuff by hand and it's a pain if you have a rotary buffer I'd use that!

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

looks awesome. they should have come from the factory painted

+1

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no...she noticed the grille painted and loves it but only cuz I washed it in the house lol. But she didn't notice the color difference at the time.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wetsand and polish. youll get the shine

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:word:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its time to clay and buff the paint..... Looks good though. Leave the insert whrome for now, it matches the chrome on the rims.

+1 on this. No need to clay bar the new painted piece though. I use Mother's. A friend of mine had a 10+ year old car and after he clay bar'd it, the paint looked new again.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Clear coat layer will give it a glossy look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401