Android Auto/ Apple Car Play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

October

Reaction score
Anyone know if android auto and/or apple car play can be retrofit into 2015 Yukon/Tahoe via software update?

hamd1719

Reaction score
It has been discussed alot of times its a full hardware upgrade which is I believe $1000+/upgrade correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been discussed alot of times its a full hardware upgrade which is I believe $1000+/upgrade correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's my understanding as well. OEM Autoparts has a CarPlay page on their site which indicates the need for hardware upgrades. It states the following:

This upgrade includes the following components:
  • Replacement Custom Programmed IO6 HMI GPS Navigation Module
  • Replacement Custom Programmed Radio/ACM Module
  • Replacement USB Port/Media Hub

Bighurk

Reaction score
I spoke to Chevy infotainment dept and they had told me that for 2015i's with IO6 player, it'll they "may" be able to update to the newer version. We'll see if that's going to happen as of right now it is still very new and the 2016s only barely begun to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulb55

Reaction score
That would be good news if true...
I spoke to Chevy infotainment dept and they had told me that for 2015i's with IO6 player, it'll they "may" be able to update to the newer version. We'll see if that's going to happen as of right now it is still very new and the 2016s only barely begun to ship.

ERS2015

Reaction score

That would be awesome, and hopefully less than $1400 for the HMI hardware and software upgrade. Please update if you hear anything new about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamKansasCity

Latest posts