...And The Problems Won't Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Okay, so here I go.

I went to the dealer and tried to have them install a GM nav radio this morning. Turns out not all things are created equally. I did my homework, or at least I thought. I have a 2007 Tahoe. The radio came from a 2011 Silverado. My truck has Bose. The radio I bought, GM p/n 25846421 is actually the replacement radio for GM p/n 15882766, which was installed into 2007 Tahoes with Bose. After the dealership fudged with it for a while they called GM's ech line and they were told it will not work. WTF? Apparently, there is a hardware non-compatibility issue that doesn't mesh well. Something along the lines of data speed and how the truck computer can't handle the upgraded speed of the newer radios. This is the first I've heard of this. If anybody can help it would greatly appreciated. Something doesn't seem right here. Thanks for your time.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
That is BS...my hoe is a 2008 with a 2010 nav in it....the way the dealer had to program mine was to take the vin of a 2010 tahoe and program it with that. The only odd thing with the programming part of it is, when they are finished my nav unit wont turn on until about an hour after programming...it just shows the blue screen with the clock. After the hour prior to programming everything works like normal...

So tell your dealership you want it programmed with a 2010 tahoe's vin. They are dumb so you will need to bring a vin from a 2010 yourself to give to them. Just find it on autotrader or something.

OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. I'll just walk the lot with the tech and get him one. Thank you very much.

So, new question. Who has a 2011 Tahoe with the GM navigation radio with Bose and RSE that is willing to sharer their VIN number with me?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Not yet. Been digging more into the radio part numbers. GMPartsGiant its showing it as a part number that superseded the old number, however I talked to my dealer and they show the number as never being in a Tahoe, but in a Yukon Denali, Escalade, H2, Sierra, and Silverado. I'm going to try one of Rick Hendrick's (Hendrick Motorsports) dealerships on Thursday. They seem to be well vested into GM Performance and other modifications. I hope they can get it done.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Good luck man...I know it can be done, you just have to get someone that knows what they are doing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667