Amplifier and Subwoofer Stock navigation Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install my 4 channel amplifier in about a week when i get back home but i have a few questions and would like to make sure i have everything before I start. I do not have bose and have installed the stock nav so right now i have low volume because there is not enough power to my speakers(should be fixed with 4 channel amp to speakers). I got a rockford fosgate p400 4 channel amp that will go under my center console or possibly behind the second row bench where my other amp is. Here is my problem, right now I have a 1000 watt single channel amp powering my subwoofers but will I be able to add the four channel amp and just run a whole new amplifier wiring kit from my battery to the second amp? Can my battery run two amps and just have two power wires connected to it or will that cause a problem? If so what is the best option that is also somewhat cost effective? Thanks so much for the help.

Nick

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You can run two wires off the battery with no problems, but the more common option is to run a lower gauge wire from the battery (like a 0/1 gauge wire) to a distrubution block that has two or more outputs. Then connect your sub and speakers amps to those two or more outputs with a higher gauge wire (like a 4 gauge).

cwh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
amp wiring

What size power wire are you using for your 1000 watt amp? I'm running a pdx 4.100 and JL 500/1 with no problems on #4 power wire. Adding a second #8 or larger for your 4 channel would probably be the easiest. Your battery should be fine with that.

cwh

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
like Modded said, depends on currect draw, you may be able to do a 0 gauge to dist. block, to dual 4 gauge out's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts