Amp speaker and sub install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon I replaced the radio already with a nt3hd jvc from my f150 and a gmos-100 install adapter.

I have at my house to install
Kicker qs6.5 components for the front doors
pioneer 6.5 2 ways for the rear doors
2 pioneer shallow mount subs
kicker 700.5 5 channel amp.

My thoughts are that I would like to mount the amp under the stock console after removing the bose amp and sub

I would like to mount the subs under the back seat, but I have to keep the functionality of the fold down seats for my dogs.

The subs only require .45 cu ft for a sealed enclosure taking in consideration the air displaced by the speaker. I am going to try to squeeze them under the seats and hopefully keep the seats able to fold down.

If anyone has any suggestions on what someone else has done before that would be great.

I guess the other option would be to mount one sub in a new enclosure in the factory sub location in the console and one in the rear drivers side panel. and the amp under the back seat. But honestly if the seats can fold down with the amp there I am thinking I can build a box that wouldn't be much taller.....

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is you have a sub like or similar to the one I just put in my 2000. I bought the one already loaded in a Pioneer box. I don't know much about building sub boxs, but I just wonder how much thinner/smaller you could make it than Pioneer already does. They might fit under the seat but when you fold the back down the seats will likely be resting on the sub box, maybe not an issue, I don't know. When you say rear drivers side panel, is there already a sub there like in my 2,000 or just the one under your center console?
Maybe put one in the center console, then do the second one like mine's set up, then you can remove it when you want to haul the pooches. Besides, you aren't going to have it bumpin' too hard with the dogs in there anyway.
Anyway, something to think about.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41724

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Don't now how big your amp is, but is it really as tall as the sub, which iirc, is about 3.5" on it's own not counting the box? Here's my amp, pretty small, no way the sub is going to be that thin.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16500&d=1340652306

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Mike, I have 2 shallow Pioneers in a box down-firing under my backseat... ill snap a pic tomorrow....

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Got it.. Havent forgotten, just been busy. Gona do some work on my truck in the next few days anyways so ill get a pic.

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cool, but your box does let your seats fold down, my seats have to fold down for our dogs

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
They fold down.. not 100% but prolly 90%... ill make sure and snap pix

OP
OP
B

bigemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it all done today, mounted my kicker 5 channel under the center console after removing the bose amp and sub.

mounted the kicker q series 6.5" in the front door, put the cross overs in the back of the console.

pioneer 2 ways in the rear doors, and we did 2 shallow mount pioneers behind the 3rd row 10" subs box is only about 6.5" tall and covered with carpet that matched the intererior.

All in all it worked out really well and I am super happy with the whole system.

I will post some pics when I can.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigemike have u had any heat issues withthe amp in such an enclosed area? thats the reason i didnt put mine there. i put it under my left middle row seat and have plenty of room to fold down seat with good air flow . i also dont have dogs that get in my truck either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts