AMP Research Powerstep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msrvpeig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2018 Yukon SLT with the AMP Research Powersteps installed. The dealer advised that GM mudflaps would not work with the Powerstep. They "thought" that Husky Liners mudflaps would fit and work. Wondering if anybody knows for sure on both points? Thanks. Terry

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory GM power running boards. I used the GM on the rear and Husky on the front. Worked with no problems. Not sure why it wouldn't work with AMP.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know he Huskys work with the factory power retractable side steps, which is probably why the dealer recommended them as well.

OP
OP
msrvpeig

msrvpeig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I reached out to AMP and they advised GM and/or Husky will/should work. I've decided to hold off for now, but may change my mind down the road.

yesac

Reaction score
You can always cut the Amp steps shorter, it’s just an aluminum extrusion. You have to cut them anyways when you install them on a non XL Yukon. You can also loosen the bolts and slide it a little forward or back as needed too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You can always cut the Amp steps shorter, it’s just an aluminum extrusion. You have to cut them anyways when you install them on a non XL Yukon. You can also loosen the bolts and slide it a little forward or back as needed too.
Don't they have plastic "beauty" caps on the ends? I guess for that reason.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Don't they have plastic "beauty" caps on the ends? I guess for that reason.

yes i have trimmed a few of them for different reasons. just pull the step off and wrap it in tape before u cut. take you time and it will look perfect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia