Amp location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering where's the best area to put a 4 channel amp that will be powering the speakers. I was thinking of under the front passanger seat so it would be hidden and out of the way. I'm just not fully sure of how to run the wires hidden to it. I was also considering under the rear bench seat but I like to use that area for storage.

What's everyones opinion?

Forgot to mention that I will be running wires from the factory amp under the drivers seat to the 4channel amp

Last edited:

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
I have mine mounted on the back of the speaker box in the back of the truck for now, but Im thinking of mounting the amp under one seat in the back and the speaker box under the adjacent seat (if I can make it fit).

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you plan on putting it under the front passenger you'll have to take the seat off, cut into the carpet and run it that way. that's pretty hard. or, you can put down the back seat and mount in on the back, so when the seat is up and you open the back you can see it.

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine under second row, on carpet, not bolted to underside, and it works great.

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
Under back seat is where I'm putting mine when the wife let's me out to do it! LOL I don't like putting it on the back of the speaker box because the bass can rattle crap loose inside the amp & cause problems... having a really good friend that owns a audio shop for over 10 years & seeing this myself is why I say that!

95slowhoe

Reaction score
I put my 2 channel amp in the back in the factory storage compartment and ran the wires under all of the plastic molding along the drivers side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck