always something...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i finished puttin cold air on friends bmw and was just messin with a hose under hood. took him for a ride and came home and it was leaking anit freeze fom the inlet for heater hose on back of intake. cant get the broken piece out to save my life tried everything....
P1020374.jpg
P1020373.jpg
P1020372.jpg

side note got 96+ washer tank and storage box in and relocated my hd headlight harness to *** box so i can run custom cold air intake on p side and put my relay box wher stock washer tank was...

on to pics..

P1020369.jpg
P1020358.jpg
P1020356.jpg
P1020355.jpg
P1020354.jpg
P1020352.jpg
P1020351.jpgP1020353.jpg

may take intake off and replace all gaskets and add tbi spacer and injector spacer and fuel psi gauge while im there and replace the valve cover gaskets too sincde they always leaked

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
looks like fun! lol the only thing i noticed- 5th picture, you need a ring terminal on the wire then screw it down for a ground. FYI :cheers:

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that i do lol was tired when i was finishing it up and now i got other issues so ill fix that soon forsure

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a big screw extractor but no luck yet. the 45 angle of the hole doesnt make it any easier and all the stuff around it (trans fluid tube) that are in the way. im goign to mess with it more today but i hope i dont have to pull the intake and drill it out and retap

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced all my heater hoses, I got a male hose barb fitting and hose clamp. I went to my napa and looked through all the hoses until I found a hose that would work and eliminated that problem completely.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have it good...I have to replace my whole intake on my '92 in a couple weeks. The PO had taken a piece of threaded pipe (the wrong threads) and forced it in, ruining the threads, and of course it leaks.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my tech teachert is bringin me the tool for it tommorrow and if that dont work i guess intake is comming off :/

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
same boat as you bro. My intake manifold on my 454ss truck just cracked the other day and coolant is pissing out. I just put that ***** on lol

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue on mine a few wks back, well it was the one that goes to the water pump, had a small leak looked like it might have been that so tried taking it off to put new teflon on it and tighten it back up but the threaded part broke off just ended up replacing the pump had no idea how old it was and didn't wanna go through the trouble of trying to get it out, gl with it tho and the engine bay is looking good like what you have done with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmccleese