Alpine x009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
To anyone that has installed this unit: did you run it through the factory Bose amp/speakers?

Any tips or suggestions for making it sound it's best?

BlueAc

Reaction score
I've had this radio installed for about 2 years. I originally had it on the Bose stereo and it definitely woke the system up. I then advanced to a full stereo with DSP and 2 amps. It's a good head unit but it's starting to show it's age. It's missing features like CarPlay and Android Auto but it makes up for that in looks. The only problem I'm having is a nasty hum that I can't get rid of. My next step is going to be making a new ground for the radio and skipping the stock ground.

OP
OP
07suburban2500
Reaction score
I've had this radio installed for about 2 years. I originally had it on the Bose stereo and it definitely woke the system up. I then advanced to a full stereo with DSP and 2 amps. It's a good head unit but it's starting to show it's age. It's missing features like CarPlay and Android Auto but it makes up for that in looks. The only problem I'm having is a nasty hum that I can't get rid of. My next step is going to be making a new ground for the radio and skipping the stock ground.

Did you upgrade the speakers too or just the amps?

swat2380

Reaction score
The Maestro RR and matching GM harness is the way to go I do them everyday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz