Almost time for new tires for the '11 Z71...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country MT's!! Here's a good pic of the tread when I had em on my avalanche:
IMG_3138.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

And here is a pic with the terra grapplers:

IMG_1834.jpg

NativH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put some 285/60R18 E123S Nitto Terra Grapplers on my '13 Z71 about a month or two ago and love them. I am stock wheels, no lift besides what the factory did, and these are the 10 ply Load Range E Grapplers. They are pretty darn quiet for their tread pattern, perhaps a smidgeon more singing than those stupid Goodyear Wrangler SR-A street tires they put on Z71's, and the Nitto's are way better off road and clean their tread quickly when you get back on road.

I get a very slight interference on the left back inner wheel well in a couple of locations when I am getting maximum compression/travel on my suspension. Maybe rubbing a 1" to 2" square area on the plastic wheel well in two spots but just barely and no noticible damage. Just polisihing the plastic a bit.

These are heavy tires and I can feel the difference but it is nothing serious. I feel totally confident that these 10 ply tires will take a beating in rocks and such without stranding me. They are also 11.50's so they are an inch wider than stock so they look good but hydroplane about the same as stock size in the Wranglers. A great tire as far as I am concerned. Will be buying them again when that time comes.

Last edited:

spdn4fun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
285x65x18 Trail Grapplers

Just had these installed....love them! Surprisingly quite and smooth ride.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

BG_Aggie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had these installed....love them! Surprisingly quite and smooth ride.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

That looks sick!

I'm slowly starting to lean towards these tires for my Z71. How have they effected your MPG? Can you feel the tread at lower speeds. I saw a comment from someone earlier that they could feel it.

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the release of the bfg KO2's next month... Might be my choice. Those, or the Open Country R/Ts

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks sick!

I'm slowly starting to lean towards these tires for my Z71. How have they effected your MPG? Can you feel the tread at lower speeds. I saw a comment from someone earlier that they could feel it.

I lost ~1 to 2 mpg, but some of that can be attributed to needing the speedo re-calibrated due to a larger diameter. Black Bear tune cured that and more :mexsmoke:. I could feel it a bit and wasn't as bad as others have described, but keep in mind I have 4.10 gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milano_II