all on dome light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I used the 3 amp 50 volt diodes and it worked. I found out that a bonus to doing this is that it fixes the dimming dome light LED issue without having to buy CANbus bulbs. So the LED issue must be an 03-06 issues as mine is an 03.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Ok, I used the 3 amp 50 volt diodes and it worked. I found out that a bonus to doing this is that it fixes the dimming dome light LED issue without having to buy CANbus bulbs. So the LED issue must be an 03-06 issues as mine is an 03.

Sweet! I'm glad to hear it worked out for ya dude

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok I lied, the map lights still dim.... Get CANbus LED bulbs for all map lights!!

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

Reaction score
I would but I have to return some other bulbs anyway so I just decided to go with CANbus and be done with it. Where did you get the floor sockets and wire them in? Any closer pics of this?

EDIT: Found the thread right here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23834

i origionally bought some sockets off of ebay but i didnt like the fit. ended up snatching some from the junkyard the same time i got some lights for the rear doors. caught the power for them at the grey and black striped wire at the bcm under the dash

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did this. Much brighter inside now. Also took the metal covers off the covers. Much better..

thanks for posting this mikey. Always looking for something else to do.

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

Reaction score
Just did this. Much brighter inside now. Also took the metal covers off the covers. Much better..

thanks for posting this mikey. Always looking for something else to do.

Kickass man, now it's time to do those rear doors lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n