all on dome light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah with the meter they only read 5v at both the sides of the dome light and also the round map lights. that was tested on my 06 tahoe, and 06 yukon, and an 06 escalade at work. the wiring for all of them origionate at a plug inside of the front console above the mirror. when i shot 12v with my logicprobe they lit up like a christmas tree. running a fused 12v wire to that plug ups them and helps with the dimming

Admittedly, I was reading the schematic for '02. I guess they're not as much alike, as we'd like them to be.

I do like your idea of more lights on, when opening the doors, though. I'm gonne check it out, on mine.

EJ

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Admittedly, I was reading the schematic for '02. I guess they're not as much alike, as we'd like them to be.

I do like your idea of more lights on, when opening the doors, though. I'm gonne check it out, on mine.

EJ

im gonna make mike a "kit" to do his. if things check out and you want some more info or maybe a "kit" just let me know. if your dome light in your 02 looks like mine then itll work out flawlessly

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also do not have an older (02 or earlier) NBS to tinker with, but there is an old thread with this same mod. I just dont remember if it was this board or the older board.

JKMotorsport posted up his 02 pic, and I posted my 03:

domelight.jpg

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont ever remember seeing that before. Could of missed it though. Glad Mikey brought it back up.

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
we almost soldered the connections on my domelight when i make a joke about using a ring terminal and screws to my coworker who already had the soldering iron plugged in.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these the 3 amp 50 volt resistor diodes that are used in the 4-6 high mod?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia