AirBox Seal Fabrication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mice have made a meal of the seal between our air flilter housing and the inner fender.
I though of using air conditioner weatherstripping foam to try to fix it up but wasn't sure if it gets hot under there.
Any opinions?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mice have made a meal of the seal between our air flilter housing and the inner fender.
I though of using air conditioner weatherstripping foam to try to fix it up but wasn't sure if it gets hot under there.
Any opinions?

Of course it gets hot under there- that's why that seal is important and why the cheap "cold air intakes" make no sense. The factory seal is very flimsy, loses adhesion and falls in with age, anyway. I'd look at it as the mice doing you a favor.

Here's what I did: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/post-1451013

I don't recall the exact size, but this is what I used:

AC43-pkg_thumb-main.png

I don't care much for the extra-fluffy pillowy look. But, I needed foam that would span the gap. If I cared that much about the appearance, I could've sliced this stuff in half lengthwise. I'd say the extra material just increases the insulation aspect. According to the live data on my scanner, the IATs averages 1° over ambient when cruising and upwards of 3° when idling. Solid win right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck