Airaid Jr.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 Yukon Denali 1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Outside of the performance that it offers does the cold air intake help with fuel mileage? If so how much more mpg should i expect to see

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. For the most part, improving fuel mileage on these trucks is a moot point. You can do all you can to optimize it, but seeing any kind of substantial gain is equivalent to chasing a unicorn. It has more to do with your driving habits than any other single factor. If I put my foot in it all the time, I can almost watch the gas gauge needle fall. If I chill out, not so much. It's all relative.

Tuned w/ 285s and an airaid jr, I'm averaging 14-15 city. If I set the cruise control on the highway, I can eek 17-18 out of it, 19+ if we're going downhill with a stout tailwind lol. It wasn't much (if any) worse before the mods, but it's a hell of a lot more responsive and fun to drive now. That's really what it's all about.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe MPG. Ive put the Air Raid Jr on mine and cleaned out the TB and nice new tires and changed all the drive train fluids and removed the resonator and changed to a better flow magna flow muffler and I got exactly 0 change in MPG. Ive even tried to use 93 Octane to sorta clean out things and it didn't lessen nor increase MPG. Right now I'm running straight Non Ethanol gas and it has changed my MPG by nothing. So I completely agree with TheFuzz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork