Air intake reviews/comparisons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tune voids warranty. Intake will be fine as long as it has a carb number. If you put a non emmisions legal intake on dealer can say something.

The dealer will only install GM accessories and I don't want to risk a warranty issue down the road because I put in my own aftermarket air intake. I've heard enough warranty horror stories and prefer to pay a little extra now and be safe.

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. I'm not seeing one for the 6.2L

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No matter what you install, GM has to provide proof that the modification caused the failure. Anything aftermarket (brakes, intakes, lift kits, exhausts, headers, tunes, wheels, bushings) is subject to their scrutiny, even more so if they did not sell/install it.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter what you install, GM has to provide proof that the modification caused the failure. Anything aftermarket (brakes, intakes, lift kits, exhausts, headers, tunes, wheels, bushings) is subject to their scrutiny, even more so if they did not sell/install it.

Yeah. That's why I want a gm accessory installed by the dealer. They only want $100 to install the cat back which is reasonable to me.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
100 bucks is cheap at a dealer to install it. But i would not go with a 3 inch exhaust if oem is 3.5 thats for sure. Also cat back is not a issue. Now if you do y pipe mod or headers then yes they can talk smack. My 2015 z06 blew up with 532 miles on it. First thing gm did is scan the computer. Thats why I tell people if they are worried about warranty DO NOT tune the car. Even if you put back to stock gm can pick it up. THey are very harsh on warranty now when tuning is involved

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 bucks is cheap at a dealer to install it. But i would not go with a 3 inch exhaust if oem is 3.5 thats for sure. Also cat back is not a issue. Now if you do y pipe mod or headers then yes they can talk smack. My 2015 z06 blew up with 532 miles on it. First thing gm did is scan the computer. Thats why I tell people if they are worried about warranty DO NOT tune the car. Even if you put back to stock gm can pick it up. THey are very harsh on warranty now when tuning is involved

Someone would need to show me that a 3" corsa actually reduces power for me to worry about it. Airflow can be affected by much more than just diameter of the pipe.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
6.2 engine id much rather take 3.5 over 3 inch exhaust. theres a reason gm put the bigger exhaust on the 6.2 trucks. that being said im working with my rep to see if corsa would be willing to do a 3.5 exhaust.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive run the Corsa Touring on both my 10 Denali and 13 Denali, there is no issue with the 3" exhaust (even with boost).

Yes, dealerships will look for a tune if instructed by GM, but not all tunes will show up. We have many a customer (some of whom work at dealerships) that have not had issues.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So the black bear tune is not visable by gm???? That's great... up to now only one I know for sure is diablo. Out buddies C7 stingray had rod knock and tuned back to stock by diablo and I thought for sure busted. They sent his file out to gm and hour later they said not tuned and went thru with new engine.

Last edited:

CMac16XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have the factory GMC intake? I'm sure it's made by K&N or another company on an equivalent level...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts