Adding power lift gate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07ChevyHoe

Reaction score
This forum is the shit btw, but my LT3 did not come with a rear power lift gate. Is it possible to add this option. I would assume everything is there to do it except the motor? And I know new key fobs would be necessary too. Any ideas on this or has anyone done it?

fixxxer88

Reaction score
only Ideas from me. I would try to find a parts manual/breakdown like the one on the gmpartsdirect.com and see what the difference is between your truck, and one with the PLG.
Who knows, you could luck out and only need some actuators and all the wiring could already be there.
If not, i dont know if it would be worth it. Because the PLG works off the factory fob settings, wiring is most likely ran to the PCM.
Its definitely worth looking into though.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible with the time and money. This will require a LOT of that. Many people will suggest you to trade in your truck for one with the power liftgate.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know you'll at least be buying a few parts (including replacing the plastic part of the right pillar in the rear) because the pillars are different and the remaining parts are going to be expensive to get

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Adding a power lift gte is pretty close to impossible, it would run like $5000 and alot of work to do it with the same parts the Tahoes that come with them have.
We discussed this alot on the old forum....

jp306972

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adding a powered rear lift gate was possible. I had to remove the existing wiring harness which unplugs at the floor in front of the driver's door and again on the passenger side floor in front of the door. Every plastic panel had to be removed and the headliner front dome lights replaced with a Denali one that controls fold up of two rear heated leather seats and actuates the rear lift gate. I also added four side curtain airbags but haven't gotten the airbag warning to shut down yet which will probably take some BCU programming. The gate, seat buttons, upgraded center console and 4 heated leather seats all work. I'm putting the new lifgate side panel in and adding the navigation stereo. In essence, use a junkyard upscale LTZ or Denali as your donor and be prepared to do a lot of work

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Adding a powered rear lift gate was possible. I had to remove the existing wiring harness which unplugs at the floor in front of the driver's door and again on the passenger side floor in front of the door. Every plastic panel had to be removed and the headliner front dome lights replaced with a Denali one that controls fold up of two rear heated leather seats and actuates the rear lift gate. I also added four side curtain airbags but haven't gotten the airbag warning to shut down yet which will probably take some BCU programming. The gate, seat buttons, upgraded center console and 4 heated leather seats all work. I'm putting the new lifgate side panel in and adding the navigation stereo. In essence, use a junkyard upscale LTZ or Denali as your donor and be prepared to do a lot of work
Pretty nice you were able to figure it out. Unfortunately this thread is from 2010, so these guys are long gone. Post up some pics for the curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jax01984