Adding an auxiliary stereo in center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 2007 yukon denali with Navi and bose and rear seat entertainment.

I need to retain all my chimes, turn signals and navigation voice directions. I want to disconnect all my speakers from the factory amp except the center speaker located in the dash.

My question is, will the center speaker do all the chimes and turn signals or does the bose am only send certain chimes to certain speakers. For example, left turn signal chime only goes to left front speaker.

I only ask because I am installing a stand alone auxiliary stereo in my center console with an equilibrium and running my door speakers and pillar tweeters thru an amp attached to that stereo since adding a 4 channel amp seems to be impossible for our trucks.

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your bose amp supplies all your chimes, etc. So if you disconnect it your going to lose them

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the bose am and stock sterio. I just want to disconnect all the speakers except the one in the center of the dash

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its possible, just disconnect all your speakers but the one on the dash and set the chime volume from the stteings to the one on the dash and if your truck does not have the ability to change from left speaker to center speaker then all you have to do is switch the wires going to the amp so bassically your amp thinks that its hooked to the left speaker but in reality its connected to the center speaker,
If you need any help just let me know and good luck

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its possible, just disconnect all your speakers but the one on the dash and set the chime volume from the stteings to the one on the dash and if your truck does not have the ability to change from left speaker to center speaker then all you have to do is switch the wires going to the amp so bassically your amp thinks that its hooked to the left speaker but in reality its connected to the center speaker,
If you need any help just let me know and good luck
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed to know. Now all I have to do is get a new center consol to cut up from the junkyard

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, made the console stereo bracket. Still lining it with crushed velvet. You have to cut a hole in the bottom to run wires but everything is hidden and you can plug in a short USB and still close the lid. I will post pics soon. Also, I couldn't find anyone who found a way to mount 2 15" subs behind the 3rd row seat so.... I did some measuring and reaserch. And started a box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattserritella