Add Driver Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mentejef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible to add the driver assist module (backup sensors) to a 2005 Yukon XL SLT?

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
M

mentejef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Shawn,

Are there any you would suggest that are better than others?

yukonic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
why don't you just get a backup camera? if you don't have a deck capable, i've seen wireless kits that include a screen and camera on ebay... good luck!

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an Alpine touch screen with camera input so I installed this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092YMZJY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It took me about 30 minutes to an hour including getting the dash apart and running the wires so they won't be seen. It works very well with the infrared LED's in combination with your back up lights. It makes it super easy to back up to a trailer if you tow once in a while. You can get a little screen that goes in that square cubby and install that if you don't have an aftermarket radio. I believe Pyle makes one that fits perfect after some minor modifications. There's a thread on here somewhere with a writeup. It's really really easy.

yukonic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chiggy, I want to get a cam like that too. Did you find any guide on how to run the wire to the back of the car. Or did you just experiment on your own?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen