Adaptive Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneStepAhead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, it's not for stop and go traffic. Not designed to work in stop and go situation.

I don't know about the Yukon, but on my 2015 Escalade it has full speed adaptive cruise, meaning it works all the way down to 0. It does work in stop and go traffic and I use it for that frequently. Our 2014 Jeep GC Summit only works down to 20mph which is a bummer. Full speed ACC is a big reason why I upgraded to a 2015. I believe for some odd reason the 2014 Jeep Cherokee has full speed ACC but the 2014 GC doesn't, don't get that. Wikipedia has a semi complete list of what vehicles have full vs partial ACC.

Last edited:

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the Yukon, but on my 2015 Escalade it has full speed adaptive cruise, meaning it works all the way down to 0. It does work in stop and go traffic and I use it for that frequently. Our 2014 Jeep GC Summit only works down to 20mph which is a bummer. Full speed ACC is a big reason why I upgraded to a 2015. I believe for some odd reason the 2014 Jeep Cherokee has full speed ACC but the 2014 GC doesn't, don't get that. Wikipedia has a semi complete list of what vehicles have full vs partial ACC.

Can anyone confirm if the Denali has FULL? I just added the option to my order last min. If it doesn't i'll most likely keep it but i'd like to know for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they used different systems.

Ok it looks like the GMC has the Full speed as well. Still not sure if it works like the Caddy. When i went for this option i was really looking forward to Stop and Go. Tried this feature in my friends Audi and its awesome.

"A less obvious but no less critical aspect of the Yukon/YukonXL redesign was the fitment of several new active and passive safety/security systems. Topping the list of standard/available features are forward collision alert, collision mitigation, front park assist, lane departure warning, lane change assist, rear cross traffic alert and full speed range adaptive cruise control as well as GMC's Safety Alert Seat and the segment's only front-seat center airbag on models equipped with bucket seats."

Last edited:

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the Denali has FULL?

Ok it looks like the GMC has the Full speed as well. Still not sure if it works like the Caddy. When i went for this option i was really looking forward to Stop and Go. Tried this feature in my friends Audi and its awesome.

I'm pretty sure it is NOT a full stop system except on the escalade. This is pretty stupid in my opinion as it is now available on significantly lesser expensive vehicles and is a major safety feature not just a luxury. Should definitely be standard in a $60,000 plus vehicle. I have my fingers crossed that they'll fix this for the 2016 model year.

On a similar note I have been driving a BMW with semi adaptive cruise control for the last 30 days. Anywhere that I need to use cruise control and specifically on the interstate I have found the system to be invaluable. I would not consider buying another vehicle without it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reels

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When my dealer checked with GMC back in April, it was a minimum of 25 or 35MPH

OneStepAhead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like the Yukon does not have full speed ACC. I'm basing this on the fact that cadillac.com lists the feature as "Adaptive Cruise Control with full-speed range" and gmc.com lists it as "Adaptive Cruise Control with Crash Imminent Braking".

You'd think if it has crash imminent breaking it would be a simple thing to make it have full speed range, but maybe there is more to it than that. Considering GMC wants $1700 for the feature it really should be full speed. I'd still recommend getting it though, nice feature to have.

It really appears there is no rhyme or reason as to why some models have full speed and others don't.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Yukon does not have full speed ACC. I'm basing this on the fact that cadillac.com lists the feature as "Adaptive Cruise Control with full-speed range" and gmc.com lists it as "Adaptive Cruise Control with Crash Imminent Braking".

Your correct no Stop and Go. It activates at 15mph so that's not to bad.

Best live demonstration I've seen so far. I think i'll be pretty happy with it after seeing this even without stop and go. Like everything else I'm sure they'll include stop and go in 2016 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMDJCk4W04

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my Denali work from 10 up to 94 mph only but don't think you want to use on city speed is very danger when someone changing lines good luck brothers.:)

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I travel a lot with my family now we are in Florida and was very comfortable ride from jersey very cool and very relaxing i,m impressed with the system but is very trick too. be alert anyway just when someone jump or is a lot traffic.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my Denali work from 10 up to 94 mph only but don't think you want to use on city speed is very danger when someone changing lines good luck brothers.:)

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I travel a lot with my family now we are in Florida and was very comfortable ride from jersey very cool and very relaxing i,m impressed with the system but is very trick too. be alert anyway just when someone jump or is a lot traffic.

Maybe they'll put a 360° ACC in the 2016's ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee adopted the "Stop & Go" midway through the 2014 build cycle without advanced notice and there is no software update for the earlier models nor will there be (earlier owners were very upset) because it uses a modified braking system. I hope this does not happen with GM. At least wait until the 2016 model year and let every have a chance to select that option.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will advance in the system of course next year

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTahoe