Acid for Chrome Rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own my own detailing business and there is no better cleaner for chrome than acid. Some dont like it but the shit works..... really good. And i dont even know the name of mine i just call my chemical guy and tell him i need acid... haha

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought a bottle of this along with some Black Magic Tire Wet and both bottles are almost half gone. Cost me around $12 for both and so it looks like I won't be buying this stuff too often especially since I only get 2 or 3 uses outta it.

The Megs Hot Rims is some pretty decent stuff though. Cleaned them up really well but I think I gotta take the rims off and really get into em to get all the grim and brake dust off the back.

The key to doing chrome wheels is doing them LAST :) That way, you don't spray them as you wash your car and chase your ass later cleaning water spots. What I do to get my dollar's worth is spray it on the wheels with a few sprays, then use a damp wash mit with a JUST little bit of soap. Works great, you save $ and get the benefit of the acidic cleaner to do the hard work.

B

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank god I P/C'd my rims. Just buy cheap wheel cleaner, let it soak power wash it and then Wax.

Chrome is too much to handle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz