AC sometimes blows warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subieworx

Reaction score
2003 Denali

Lately I have been noticing an issue with the AC on my Yukon. Most of the time it works without issue in the front (rear never blows cold, but a different issue), but occasionally it will blow hot for 10 to 15 seconds. Seems to blow hot just long enough for me to notice then it gets cold again. This only happens on the highway.

On city streets it works fine until I come to a light for a while and it gets a little warmer, but still works ok and i attribute that to the mechanical fan that I still have.

Any thoughts?

I really haven't checked anything yet on it. I was going to check the pressures and see how they are doing. I am wondering if the expansion valve is freezing over or if that filter in it is clogged.

I have replaced the HVAC control module, but only because the original was looking worn. All of the blend doors seem to work as intended. It blows warm equally on the left and right in the front.

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. The A/C compressor is cycling off and then back on. I think that I may have low refrigerant. Maybe you do to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881