Ac repair 95 yukon 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Oldyukon95

Reaction score
So I checked the blower motor. There was voltage when I tested the wires with the volt meter. But when I hooked up the blower motor It would lose power. The fuse and relay are fine. I bought a new blower motor but when I hooked that one up the same thing happened. No power. I tried to trace where the wires went and I noticed that the evaporator came back on. So I hooke up the blower again and magically it worked. I must have a loose wire or touching wires somewhere. I traced the blower motor wires back the relay and little black box. So I think I'm going to let it ride as long as possible and when I do get it fixed I know where to point the mechanic. Unless there are any other ideas. Thank you sunlit you saved me about $400 and a weekends worth of work.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the blower can only be killed by bad wiring, blower switch, mid speed resistor, high speed bypass relay or fuses. just so you know. if by evaporator you mean the a/c system engage at the same time then look for damaged fuse or their socket terminals and see if the connectors on the back of the control unit are coming loose or are burned out. it happens. i have more diagnostic for the whole hvac as well as diagrams.

OP
OP
O

Oldyukon95

Reaction score
Ok so wiggling the wires only lasted a short time. Now the blower motor isnt getting any power. I traced the wires back and came to these connections. the purple is the power wire to the blower motor, the black single wire is the ground for the blower motor. The red and black wires are power from the battery to the relay switch for the blower motor. The plastic connector for the red and black wires is melted and Im reasonably sure this is were my problem is. But I dont have much experience with electrical systems. Where can I find the connector for the red and black wires? What kind of connector is it? Does it matter if I use the same connector or can I just use a butt connector or a twist on cap? I want to get more information before I go any further. Thank you!

blowermotor1.jpg

blowermotor2.jpg

blowermotor4.jpg