Ac cycling switch problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teejster187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm brand new to this website. I just bought a 99yukon and love it. I got it cheap and it knew it had a few kinks that id have to work out but they are being a pain in the butt. It has rear air also, I don't know if that changes anything or not. I charged the ac and it was blowing ice cold but it was completely empty so I made a jumper wire for the pressure switch to get the clutch to engage while I got it to the propper pressure. Then I plugged the pressure switch back in and the clutch wasn't kicking in. So I replaced the switch and it's still not kicking in. I have bought another sensor since then and it's doing the same thing. When I use my jumper wire it works perfect. Is there any chance I got two bad switches or is there something else that makes the compressor kick on and off. Thanks for any help ahead of time

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing I can think of unless the system has too much pressure in it. I believe that is a safety as well for engaging the compressor.

I doubt you got two bad switches in a row but I guess it's possible. If you have a gauge set I'd put it on and jumper the pressure switch again to make sure you're where you think you are. Also, doublecheck the low and high side pressure specs to make sure you're using the right reference.

OP
OP
T

Teejster187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I had the gauges hooked up yesterday if I remember right I think I had about 40-50 psi on the low side and 200 psi on the high side. I'm not sure what the numbers were supposed to be though.

mcm1209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch panel in the truck might be bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts