AC Control Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that this is an old post but I have a contol unit with a few dead bulbs. Are these Radio Shack bulbs for the three buttons along the bottom (A/C, Fresh/Resirc Air and Rear defrost), ir at the top to illuminate the knobs (temp and blower speed)?

Dang, that was a long time ago I barely remember! I'd say it's the buttons on the bottom since I said that all 4 buttons were out but that would be a guess! If I remember right, that assembly wasn't hard at all to take apart so I'd take it apart and see if I'm right or not, for a couple bucks it's worth just taking a look!
3 1/2 years and those bulbs are still going strong!

Dryfly

Reaction score
Dang, that was a long time ago I barely remember! I'd say it's the buttons on the bottom since I said that all 4 buttons were out but that would be a guess! If I remember right, that assembly wasn't hard at all to take apart so I'd take it apart and see if I'm right or not, for a couple bucks it's worth just taking a look!
3 1/2 years and those bulbs are still going strong!

Thanks for replying. I'll check it out.

dougo

Reaction score
What a pain in the ass well it appears all the little bulbs in the truck are 3mm 12v 80mm so if you order them order a bunch
search ebay for gm light bulbs you can get 50 for 10 bucks or so also you can find the blue covers
the bulbs fit the radio , instrument cluster , one vender said any thing that lights up 90% sure they are also work in the little switched on the steering wheel
get a good soldering iron

mooman

Reaction score
What a pain in the ass well it appears all the little bulbs in the truck are 3mm 12v 80mm so if you order them order a bunch
search ebay for gm light bulbs you can get 50 for 10 bucks or so also you can find the blue covers
the bulbs fit the radio , instrument cluster , one vender said any thing that lights up 90% sure they are also work in the little switched on the steering wheel
get a good soldering iron

All of them? Radio, AC unit, AWD switch? Headlight switch? Because I have been tempted to replace all the bulbs, but am afraid that they are all different sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts