AC Control Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what bulbs go in the AC controls for an '02? I have one out and just want to replace the bulb. I'm not looking to go LED, just want to get the bulb number so I can solder another one in.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I have the dual climate and the left control light is out.. damn subs aren't easy on the lights haha!

I don't know if its a bulb or not might just be a little light soldered to the board

I need to take mine apart and look at it..

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a little tiny bulb. let me see if i can find the link to the best replacement for them.

OP
OP
Big Tap

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it apart and it's definitely a little bulb that is soldered in. Went to Radio Shack to find something that would work and everything I've tried seems to be a little dim. Might just go see my buddy at the wrecking yard and get an entire new one. He probably wouldn't charge me more than $10 and it would be worth my time and effort to just get a new one I think. If anyone else has any other ideas though, I'm all ears. I'm not down with a full LED conversion though. Getting ready to sell the rig.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have like 3 or 4 bulbs lying around from when I did my LED conversion.
The one on the left is the stock AC panel bulb.
DSC00008-2.jpg

gmtk

Reaction score
I just spent 5 hours last night working on mine. I ordered a used AC unit from ebay then soldered all the bulbs out from the used unit. If you know how to solder it's not that hard but takes a lot of patience (which I don't have). I fixed all but one burned out bulb and I think the circuit board is bad on the one bulb.

But after seeing some of the LED conversions, I'm thinking that's the way to go.

And I spent a month trying to find the replacement bulbs ---- couldn't find them anywhere.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the bulb info to buy them from Radio Shack, I just did mine yesterday and they look awesome!! A tad brighter than the others but I did all 4 buttons because they were all out and they look great and don't stand out from the others much!! They are physically identical to the stock ones!

Radio Shack# 272-1154

12V
50mA
.12MSCP (light output)
T-1 (bulb type)
Bi-pin (base type)

They were 2 bucks a piece from there and super easy to solder in!!

Good luck and post up your results of the swap out when you guys do them!!

Dryfly

Reaction score
Here's the bulb info to buy them from Radio Shack, I just did mine yesterday and they look awesome!! A tad brighter than the others but I did all 4 buttons because they were all out and they look great and don't stand out from the others much!! They are physically identical to the stock ones!

Radio Shack# 272-1154

12V
50mA
.12MSCP (light output)
T-1 (bulb type)
Bi-pin (base type)

They were 2 bucks a piece from there and super easy to solder in!!

Good luck and post up your results of the swap out when you guys do them!!

I know that this is an old post but I have a contol unit with a few dead bulbs. Are these Radio Shack bulbs for the three buttons along the bottom (A/C, Fresh/Resirc Air and Rear defrost), ir at the top to illuminate the knobs (temp and blower speed)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo