AC Blows Hot not the belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtied

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, it's near the passenger actuator and under the airbag, it is mounted on the side, facing the driver's side. Let me find a pic or diagram...

View attachment 364637

There you go!
Dude thanks so much for this! Now I know where it is - is there any way I can access it via lowering the glovebox like on the left diagram or do I have to take the airbag out and work from there? I just got that airbag swapped from the recall at the dealer recently, go figure.*
Also, does your manual show a part number? I pulled 2 actuators from a junkyard they let me have for free, one of the ones I picked up looks real similar to that (but it could be the climate passenger, not sure.)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude thanks so much for this! Now I know where it is - is there any way I can access it via lowering the glovebox like on the left diagram or do I have to take the airbag out and work from there? I just got that airbag swapped from the recall at the dealer recently, go figure.*
Also, does your manual show a part number? I pulled 2 actuators from a junkyard they let me have for free, one of the ones I picked up looks real similar to that (but it could be the climate passenger, not sure.)
Yes, you can get at it through the glove box. These parts numbers are both printed on the box, sometimes one or the other is less expensive but you get the same thing.

ACDelco = 15-72971, GM OE = 89018365

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019