AC blowing hot air!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chevync

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I installed the actuator listed above, it worked but wouldn't move like it should, wouldn't move enough to turn the door all the way. We checked the part number for the old one,instead of ended in 106 I needed the one ending in 101, that should be here tomarrow. So we turned the door manually and I am getting cool air but not as cold as the rear? We checked the freon and it has plenty, it was a little low so I had them add a little to it and still only getting cool air and not cold, the rear ac is working great though, any ideas?

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go through the re-learning process? System needs to be recalibrate after you install.

Plus, you said you moved door manually? how did you do that? I read that you need to be careful and doing so can damage the unit. I took mine apart and lifted up the gear manually to recenter it so that i could get blend door installed.

OP
OP
chevync

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We turned the rod that the motor turns, we tried to do it till the new part comes in but 1/2 mile up the road it went back to hot, so I had to put the windows back down. lol What is the relearning process? The shop just put it on and started the engine, it would move some but not enough to completely turn the door all the way, plus it wouldn't move in mid-range at all.

Did you go through the re-learning process? System needs to be recalibrate after you install.

Plus, you said you moved door manually? how did you do that? I read that you need to be careful and doing so can damage the unit. I took mine apart and lifted up the gear manually to recenter it so that i could get blend door installed.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66001&highlight=blend+heat This will walk you through reprogram. All it does is figure the min, and max movement of the blend door by actuator. Make sure there is nothing blocking the blend door when it does this. Alternatively, if work is done at a GM garage, I would think they can recalibrate with a computer.

My write up. Worked for me. But I replaced controller, not actuators. actuators is nothing more than a motor. I guess they can go bad, but there is not much there.

From what I read, the controllers go bad due to a bad original design. There was a new part number issued later for replacement. I think this is your problem. I can hear something in front of my truck and I think my controller is going bad and constantly moving the actuators, even with AC off.

Barry Wayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just joined and there is a lot of good info on these forums. I have been searching alot of the threads about hot air and blend doors. I am experiencing the drivers side blowing not cool/warmish air and the passenger side blowing good/cold air as it should on my 2009 Yukon. One thing I tried yesterday that I read in one of the threads is to unhook the battery cables and let the system reset. I tried this and now the drivers side is blowing good and cold but the passenger side was blowing EXTREMELY hot. I did the reset thing again and now the passenger side is blowing cool air and the drivers side is still blowing good and cold. It does seem that the air velocity out of the passenger vents is not quite as hard as the drivers side. I do hear on occasion a groan from somewhere under the dash when the air is turned on initially after the Yukon has been shut down. Not sure which item to chase and I don't want to just throw $$$ at it. Does this sound famaliar to anyone. I will apologize if I overlooked this scenario in a thread somewhere, just point me to it if someone knows. THANKS!

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
There should be stickies on all of the AC issues. (Just MHO)

Need the service diagrams too, which would be helpful.

There are excellent bits and pieces of info on this forum, it just needs to be organized a little better, especially the diagnostic part.

On the repair side...hehehe...I haven't done it yet (blend door actuator on our '01 Tahoe), but I already know it's going to be a pain.

Apparently there is an UPPER actuator that can go out. If that goes out....will have to schedule days off work if I do it myself. (You have to basically take the whole dash apart to get to it.) Fortunately, it seems to be a rarer failure.

And the basic AC system (compressor, condensor, evaporator, etc.) seems to be almost bulletproof. WHY DID GM screw it up with these actuators?!?

*getting off soapbox*

russell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
front warm rear cold

i just got a 99 yukon and front air is warm and rear is cold and i have a 3 yr old with leukemia so need to figure it out the drier i believe it is the silver canister under the hood isnt getting cold either but i was told to check if the compressor is kicking on and off rapidly while truck is at idle and its not so they said seems like freon is good i was told to check the blend door but with the canister not getting cold could it be that the o-tube is stopped up and needs replacing any help would be great

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both of you are in the wrong forum. This is 2000-2006 area? I would imagine you may have more luck looking in the ones for your trucks as there are a lot of differences between the generations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts