about to buy bilstein's, but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no autoride...just those nivomat shocks that keep the truck more level with more weight...hey i didn't realize you've been out of the country blue, just saw that thread

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome, and from what I've heard and read, it should drop the rear another inch or so, which is good cuz right now it's sitting 2" higher than the front

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Nivomat shocks as well. They REALLY help when towing. You can swap out the Nivomat shocks, but you should swap the springs as well. The springs have a different weight ratio compared to the springs on a Tahoe with regular shocks, they are much more soft or "spongy". If you are gonna lower it with lowering springs, then you have nothing to worry about. Also, if your Nivomat shocks are still good, could I get them from you when you remove them? Just PM me and let me know what you'd want for them.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, I think he has the DJM lowering kit, with springs. Just the Nivomat shocks, even with shock relocators, hold the truck up one extra inch.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott, I think he has the DJM lowering kit, with springs. Just the Nivomat shocks, even with shock relocators, hold the truck up one extra inch.

If the springs have already been replaced, then there should be no issues replacing the Nivomat shock with a different setup. :Handshake:

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
sounds good....shock extenders are already in. went to autozone, o'reilly's and pep boys today, nobody had bilsteins in stock! so guess I'll just order them online, probably find them cheaper that way anyway. was just hoping to get them installed tomorrow or Tuesday, now I'll have to wait almost 2 weeks before I'll have the chance...oh well

thanks for the advice guys.....black denali!! haven't run into ya in a while....it's hard for me to be on here as much as before when i had a work computer...

I've been M.I.A. aswell!! Busy has shit starting a new business. Glad I could help :Handshake:

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Nivomat shocks as well. They REALLY help when towing. You can swap out the Nivomat shocks, but you should swap the springs as well. The springs have a different weight ratio compared to the springs on a Tahoe with regular shocks, they are much more soft or "spongy". If you are gonna lower it with lowering springs, then you have nothing to worry about. Also, if your Nivomat shocks are still good, could I get them from you when you remove them? Just PM me and let me know what you'd want for them.

ya man, I'd be glad to send them to you...they are the originals with 78,000 miles...but I've heard the nivomats last a long time...if you're still interested let me know, and make an offer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea