A/C problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my compressor is cycling but i'm assuming cause it must be low. What does have me confused is, At times i gets cold then it warms up. Hey sunlit, i just got a subscprition for alldata hope it comes in handy..

theghoul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the accum. > passenger side, at firewall.
I havnt measured volts yet. where to check?
The comp still never kicked in...aghh.
Clarify, are you talking about the switch harness on top off the compressor or the one on the accumulator/drier. DO you get 12 volts at two different terminals in the clutch relay socket With a multimeter?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

First you may replace a compressor and accumulator/drier but unless something is leaking, physically or a switch is malfunctioning the rest of the system can be flushed out and reused. If flushed I would remove the orifice tube before hand and put a new one in after. Can you get the light for a leak check. One other way but would mean you have to buy the stuff is inject it with nitro gen (DO NOT SYSTEM) and use an electronic sniffer that picks up on it they can find leaks as small as 1/2oz a year.

Second, can you get running pressures posted? You just keep running low on refrigerant after a while right? or is there something else.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:sorry: Jumper wire. Use a jumper wire on the other two connecters.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Well my compressor is cycling but i'm assuming cause it must be low. What does have me confused is, At times i gets cold then it warms up. Hey sunlit, i just got a subscprition for alldata hope it comes in handy..

With a fixed displacement compressor and everything mechanically stationary and a full supply of freon the only thing that could probably got from hot to warm to cold back and forth is airflow weirdness thru the condenser. so if that is not an issue I would suggest looking at the charge. It is possible the vanes in the compressor could be sticking but I would think it would be more obvious.

Kudos on the subscribe.

theghoul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try the jumper on top of the compressor and on the back.

HI again..back on this AC case in test mode today.
Jumped ALL spots 1 by 1 top, back, switches ( low & high , i believe )
Still no compressor movement.:emotions122:

I did look in the underhood fuse panel...noticed that the small 10A fuse for A/c was blown...was praying that would be all it was...but no.
changed it & still no go.
should I maybe try to replace the BIG A/C relay ? I did check voltage w/meter in the slots under that relay...got 24-25V same as battery.
should i check another spot?
getting hot!
Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
put a 10 amp fused wire from you battery positive to the dark green wire of the compressor clutch as see if it grips with the engine running.