A/C Issue/OBS experts help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Cut the bolt head off, loosen nut first and then cut bolt head off. Then use pry bar to pull bolt either all the way out or to cut off at bracket and punch back in and drop spring. If have to heat, get new bushings. Spring shop can make u bolts.

Last edited:

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut the bolt head off, loosen nut first and then cut bolt head off. Then use pry bar to pull bolt either all the way out or to cut off at bracket and punch back in and drop spring. If have to heat, get new bushings. Spring shop can make u bolts.
Im thinking that is much better than what I was think'n of doing!
Will prob have to import some U Bolts from Rock Auto.
Not sure if they are a common size here.
Have it all loose now so will jaxk Her up!
Thanks again.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20230723_140923.jpgYup!!!20230723_181413.jpgGlad i will Never have to do that again!
Original springs still look tidy for 26 years old!
But have no guts!!
They made that a Bucket List Job!!!:rolleyes:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I ran a shop at one time that made springs and we did our own u-bolts. If you are going to add a leaf, great but get the eye bushings done as well. We had torches and welders, of course. The spring guy would have, with a fuel tank in the way, cut off the bolt head and then welded the nut to the bolt and then used impact on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove