A/c compressor leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DVC71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I shave a question. Hopefully I’m in the right spot. Hopefully I can post a photo to show what i mean.
I bought my truck recently and the only previous owner put die in the lines. I’m getting green coming out of the outer edge/ seam of the compressor. I have not found anything that shows this as a spot to leak. Not a video that shows anything even close to the area I’m seeing the green as a possible location for a leak.
My second spot I’m seeing it is when I take the cap off the high pressure line. I see a little green and also where it was put in at the low side port. I tried cleaning the area out with a q tip to see it I get more coming out. The charge lasted about 4 days. The second phot has this because I had to change my vacuum pump thanks for any assistance IMG_5405.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5404.jpeg
    IMG_5404.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That is a compressor front seal leaking or a compressor body leak. The shrader valves are a weak spot. Empty the system, replace shrader valves, compressor assembly, accumulator, orifice, every seal at any line and hose connection because of age and flush the system and evacuate and recharge the system.

OP
OP
DVC71

DVC71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is a compressor front seal leaking or a compressor body leak. The shrader valves are a weak spot. Empty the system, replace shrader valves, compressor assembly, accumulator, orifice, every seal at any line and hose connection because of age and flush the system and evacuate and recharge the system.
Thanks. I couldn’t find the answers anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo