99 yukon started screaming and grinding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Confused

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was driving my 99 yukon started making noise was told it was transfer case got different case from junk yard still makes noise took front driveline off thinking noise was from differential but it still makes noise .any suggestions on wh as t it is

OP
OP
C

Confused

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't have the money or know anybody with a lift is there a different way

OP
OP
C

Confused

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh and the service 4wd light is on and the buttons to engage 4wd don't work could it be stuck halfway in 4wd or something

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well then you have to get it to a shop regardless or not drive it to avoid serious damage. there will be codes that only certain scanners can read and they communicate directly with the 4wd computer. on the plus side it should point directly to to fault. did you replace the actuator on the t-case as well?

OP
OP
C

Confused

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the actuate is the part that said do nt engage while out of vehicle or it will cause permanent damage then yes it to has been replaced I was doing a little research and one thing I read said it could be encoder motel senser what ever that is ?

OP
OP
C

Confused

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the plastic thing that screws into the front different then no and I just put new used transfer case from junk yard

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
and on the tcase did you use the shift motor already on your truck before or was there one attached to the junk yard unit that you used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman