99 tahoe misfire, win some,lose some

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a misfire history can answer several questions weather the missfires are more wide spread or isolated to one particular cylinder
becuase there has to be so many misfires on a cylinder in order for the PCM to register a misfire code there can be misses on other cylinders in the firing order but not enough to register a miss code or it could be isolated to just one cylinder there are a few directions to go in when diagnosing a missfire so a history cna help narrow that down a bit

OP
OP
K

Kenny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahh i see. That type of diag tool i dont have access to at the moment, though i may be able to borrow one to look at the counts.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
any scan tool that can read "gm data" in addition to the basic obd2 can show you that. that and ford and others are like a plug-in or extension of the existing scanner software. autoxray sells a few that can or better yet find an old snap-on mt250 series scanner that can tell devices on the engine what to do for diagnosis. add a fuel pressure tester and then you can even do injector balance test.

mine interacts with abs and srs system as well. will even show me tracked data on the tranny.

BJ80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a very similar issue with my 99 Suburban. It turned out to be a cracked head. The crack was next the exhaust valve on the 3rd cylinder. I was getting code P0303. Having the heads replaced now.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same as you, bought from a young guy everything seemed to be fine, drove it for a week and now I have a miss. Replaced cap rotor wires coil and plugs, I was leaning towards injection spider, instead I did a compression test and found #4 and #6 cylinders have no compression, guess she blew a gasket lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia